Finding Creative Ways to Understand the Meaning of the Jewish Holidays
Our Early Childhood students have been engaged in creative, inspirational, and developmentally-appropriate learning about Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. We love helping to build the foundation for their Jewish learning at such a young age! Here are just a few of the activities they’ve done to prepare for the chagim:
- Working on letter and word recognition using holiday words
- Putting Pom Pom “seeds” on our number pomegranates to practice recognizing numbers and counting 1 to 1
- Making applesauce for Rosh Hashanah
- Creating a “Calming Bottle” for Yom Kippur
- Baking a birthday cake for the "world"
- Celebrating the world's birthday during snack time with cake, strawberry, icing, and sprinkles
- Listening to a Rosh Hashanah story about celebrating the world's birthday
- Counting apples
- Painting the world
Click HERE to see more photos of the EC embracing the Jewish Holidays!