A Personalized Education Allowing for Deep Engagement
Rogow Middle School, Grades 6, 7, 8
The Rogow Middle School environment is geared to support the growing adolescent with:
- Small class sizes
- Ongoing social-emotional support
- Intellectually challenging academic programs
Rogow’s emphasis on intellectual curiosity, skill building and applied knowledge contributes to students’ intellectual and social development.
Students in Rogow Middle School regularly engage in deep textual analysis beginning in the Judaics Studies classes. As they continue to develop these skills — connecting text across time, to other cultures and to themselves — they deepen their engagement in other subject areas. Additionally, Rogow students acquire second and third language skills, learning both Hebrew and Spanish. The middle school faculty collaborate on each child’s needs in order to personalize instruction.
In Rogow’s unique environment, students in grades 6-8 often come together for social celebrations, thereby fostering relationships across grade levels. They regularly reflect on Schechter’s core values (Wisdom, Community, Good Heart) in their decision making, learning and behavior.
While many of our families continue into this division after participating in the Lower School, a number of students and families begin their Schechter journey in sixth grade.
Highlights of the Rogow Middle School experience include:
- The Sukkah Sleepover run by the young emissary and Schechter faculty, followed by a day of service
- Eighth grade Buddy Program, connecting with first grader students
- Sixth grade trip to TEVA
- Learning to code
- Seventh grade reading buddies with urban school
- Eighth grade capstone experience: a two-week trip to Israel
- Latin Music Festival
- Seventh grade science trip
- 1:1 Chromebook pilot